AP Statistics Tutorial
Welcome to Stat Trek's free, online Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics tutorial. It is designed to help you master the Advanced Placement Statistics Exam. > Begin lesson 1
About the Tutorial
This tutorial provides accurate and complete coverage of the AP Statistics curriculum. Specifically, the AP Statistics curriculum and this tutorial cover the following topics:
- Exploring data. Using graphical and numerical techniques to study patterns of data. Emphasizes interpreting graphical information and descriptive statistics.
- Sampling and experimentation. How to plan and conduct a study. Focuses on clarifying research questions and specifying methods to collect and analyze data.
- Anticipating patterns. Using probability and simulation to understand random events. Focuses on using probabilistic models to understand real-world events.
- Statistical inference. How to estimate population attributes, based on sample data. How to test statistical hypotheses.
How to Use the AP Statistics Tutorial
Individual lessons are accessible through the table of contents, which can be found in the vertical column on the left side of the page. You should work through lessons in the order in which they appear; because each lesson builds on previous lessons.
Individual lessons are accessible through the table of contents, which can be accessed by tapping the "AP Statistics: Table of Contents" button at the top of the page. You should work through lessons in the order in which they appear; because each lesson builds on previous lessons.
If you are taking an AP Statistics course in school, use this tutorial as a study aid. Before each class, read the relevant lesson from the tutorial. This will have two good effects.
- Because you have been exposed to the material, you will find it easier to understand your instructor's lecture, and you will retain the information more effectively.
- And, if anything in the tutorial is unclear, you will be alerted to a potential area of confusion. You can get clarification from your instructor when he/she covers the material.
Additional Helpful Resources
As you progress through the AP Statistics tutorial, take advantage of the following helpful resources.
- Analytical tools. Stat Trek provides a variety of analytical tools - online statistical tables, calculators, problem solvers - to take the drudgery out of statistical computations. The tutorial will alert you to these tools, all of which are free.
- Sample problems. Most of the lessons include sample problems. The sample problems help you test your knowledge. They also illustrate shortcuts and solutions to common statistics problems.
- Practice exam. After you have completed the tutorial, take the practice exam. Review the explanations for any questions that were answered incorrectly.
- Online help. Stat Trek's online Statistics Dictionary takes the mystery out of statistical jargon. If any term or concept is unclear, visit the dictionary for additional explanation.
Note: The dictionary can be accessed by clicking the Help tab in the main menu (located at the top of this web page).