About Stat Trek
If this is your first visit to StatTrek.com, welcome. Our mission is to help you solve common statistics problems - quickly, easily, and cost-effectively.
What We Do
We try to take the drudgery out of statistics by providing user-friendly instructional and analytical tools.
About Our Tutorials
Stat Trek provides six free, online tutorials:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics. The AP Statistics tutorial is designed to help students master the Advanced Placement Statistics Examination.
- Probability. The Probability tutorial covers probability theory in aw-shucks language. Clear explanations and pages of solved probability problems.
- Linear Regression. The Linear Regression tutorial is a pain-free introduction to regression. It explains how to predict scores on one variable, based on scores on one or more other variables.
- Analysis of Variance. The Analysis of Variance tutorial explains how to use analysis of variance to assess the effect of one or more independent variables on a dependent variable.
- Survey Sampling. The Survey Sampling tutorial describes three probability methods for selecting and analyzing sample data - simple random sampling, stratified sampling, and cluster sampling.
- Matrix Algebra. The Matrix Algebra tutorial is an easy-to-understand introduction to matrix algebra. It covers matrix nomenclature, matrix notation, and common matrix operations.
Topics are introduced in short, easy-to-understand lessons. Technical terms are linked to their definitions; so online help is just a mouse click away.
About Our Analytical Tools
We offer a wide range of analytical tools to support topics covered in the tutorials. These tools include:
- Statistical tables. We provide online statistics tables for each of the following nine distributions: binomial, chi-square, f-distribution, hypergeometric, multinomial, negative-binomial, normal, poisson, and t-distribution.
- Online calculators. We have all kinds of online calculators: a Bayes rule calculator, a calculator that computes the number of combinations and permutations, a calculator that computes factorials, and a general probability calculator that computes probabilities of one event, based on probabilities of other events.
- Random number generator. The random number generator produces lists of up to 10,000 random numbers, based on user specifications.
- Sample Size Calculator. The Sample Size Calculator creates powerful, cost-effective sampling plans tailored to your research needs.
Each analytical tool features clear instructions, provides answers to frequently-asked questions, and includes sample problems with solutions.
About Our Pricing
All of Stat Trek's analytical tools and instructional resources are free, accessible to anyone who visits the website. There are no licensing fees or log-in requirements.
Who We Are
Stat Trek was founded by Harvey Berman. Harvey earned a bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering and a PhD in Psychology, both from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Following graduation, Harvey spent nearly two decades applying math and statistics skills to real-world problems, mainly in the areas of market research and strategic planning.
In 2000, Harvey left the corporate world to develop Stat Trek, an educational website devoted to helping people teach themselves statistics. In his spare time, Harvey plays golf and bridge - both poorly.